A Doodle poll led us to believe we’d have a well-attended meeting on Tuesday June 16, but it was not the case. Our small group decided to set a regular meeting date based on our own preferences. Meetings will now be held on Wednesday evenings– every fourth Wednesday of the month, at 7:30 pm, at the ARCH room in the Perkins Center building.
- We will set up a formal group structure (bylaws, bank account, executive team) when participation improves and stabilizes
- Bev will create a shared spreadsheet on Google Drive for a gardening book sharing system. WordPress has a nice library add-on but it requires a hosted installation
- Bev will arrange to reprint the promo bookmark using cash from the plant sale
- Anne will investigate a road trip to Shared Harvest Farm near Dunnville, possibly for the fall festival
- Elizabeth will ask for suggestions for a name for the new Pipeline Trail Pollinator Garden. “Pollinator Paradise” is the name of the Environment Hamilton program, so we shouldn’t use it as the garden name.
Upcoming Activities / Events
- a Random Act of Gardening at Jody’s place Province Ave. on Monday June 22, 9 am.
- Weeding Party! Tuesday June 23, 7:30 pm, at the Pipeline Pollinator Garden. After weeding the garden we’ll weed and clear the triangle garden at the London Street crossing. Bring tools.
- Road Trip! Friday July 3, morning departure. To Lost Horizons nursery, near Acton. RSVP to Bev by email ( bevwagar (at) gmail (dot) com ) to sign up and/or arrange for carpool ride.
DOOR PRIZES: Bev donated plants and we drew names. Everyone received at least one great garden addition.
Next meeting: Wednesday July 22 at the ARCH room on Main just east of Kenilworth. Location info here: ARCH web page. Please note that the ARCH room is a storefront– entry is off Main Street, not the Perkins lobby.