Garden Day – May 26, 2018
*WOOD CHIP PICKUP
when: Sat. May 26, 10 am to 3 pm or while supplies last / rain or shine
where: parking lot of Crown Point Community Church, 92 Ottawa St. North between Roxborough and Dunsmure
- grown, dug, or divided from home gardens
- everything labelled and everything priced
- Vegetables, flowers, annuals, perennials, many rare and unusual varieties
- Master Gardeners on hand for selection and planting advice
- gardeners who donate plants (properly potted and labelled) get “swap” pricing: a discount equal to half the value of the plants you bring! AND you get to shop early (9 am) for the best selection
- if you are donating plants please bring them to the sale site (Crown Point Community Church) on the night before the sale– Friday May 25. Volunteers will there between 6 and 8 pm to check, receive and price your donations. You can also receive your shopping credit. If you are unable to deliver on Friday evening, please bring your plants to the church between 8 and 8:30 a.m. on the day. If you need them picked up, please email email@example.com.
- city (leaf & yard waste) compost available for pickup on a first-come basis while supply lasts
- wood chips will also be available
- bring your own container or bags and we will help shovel
- no bags? Use ours
- we reserve the right to limit quantities– a four-bag limit per family to start
- delivery service may be available for Crown Point residents
Compost and wood chips are free. But we request a donation if
- you use our bags
- we bag it for you
- we load it for you
- we deliver it for you
A note on delivery service: we have volunteers available to help you carry your bags home. We are not taking pre-orders for delivery– you need to be there on the day and get your compost in person. For people arriving on foot our volunteers can help you get your bags home. We can’t promise there’ll be someone available right when you’re ready to leave, but we’ll do our best to make sure no one struggles with a heavy load.
All proceeds go to the Crown Point Garden Club to support community projects
We will not be doing rain barrel sales/pickup this year.